Volunteer with us! Children's Summer Project July 2019
Every summer The Moldova Project runs a Children’s Summer Project. The project gives some of the most disadvantaged children we work with a chance to participate in a range of fun activities which they would not otherwise experience. Many of the children we work with live in extreme poverty and spend their summers working with their families. A chance to take part in games, summer parties and day trips with other children, is a welcome respite and has a lasting impact. It’s an opportunity they would not otherwise have.
Our work is based on the simple belief that the best place for a child to grow up is with their family. The Moldova Project works with vulnerable families to help them find long-term sustainable solutions to the problems they face and provide a happy, healthy and safe home for their children. As well as run activities for children to provide positive learning experiences, our team works with families throughout the year to help them make positive changes which will lead to self-sufficiency. We would love for you to join us this summer and help make it one to remember! The Children's Summer Project will run from 20th-27th July 2019 and we have a few spaces remaining.
Aims of the project:
- To ensure that children with few opportunities have fun and educational experiences
- To build positive relationships with the children and families
- To run activity days in three of the villages where The Moldova Project works, planning a range of art and sport activities, and games for the children, aged 1 – 16
- To accompany the children on day trips to Chisinau to visit attractions such as the water park, museums and restaurants
What the project will involve:
- The volunteers who take part in this project will help give the disadvantaged children we work with a summer to remember. Volunteers will organise activities and games, supervise trips, and provide a friendly presence throughout the project.
- Each day the group travel together to the village in which the project is based. The volunteers will either run projects in the village or accompany the children on day trips.
- Volunteers are supported throughout by a Moldovan team who speak fluent English.
- No previous experience of working with children is required for this project, however you should have a sense of fun and be comfortable leading games and activities with groups of children and be happy to taking part.
To join the Children’s Summer Project:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an introductory call.
- Complete and return your application form with a £100 deposit to by March 15th 2019 to secure your place
- Receive an information and fundraising pack
- All places are subject to a DBS check
We would be very happy to answer any questions you might have. Please email email@example.com
Thank you for your interest and we hope you can join us this summer!