Do you have skills and experience to bring to our Board of Trustees?
Updated: May 30, 2019
We are looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals with relevant skills and experience to join our Board of Trustees to help drive quality and growth.
The Moldova Project has transformed the lives of more than 100 families living in extreme poverty since it was founded in 2008, and our impact continues to grow. Now in our eleventh year we are seeking Trustees who can help support the continuation and expansion of our work. Our predicted turnover for the current financial year is £80,000 and it is vital that our organisation is well-governed and sustainably managed.
Above all, we are looking for Trustees who are willing to bring a passionate and creative approach to helping the current Board fulfil the charity's key aims of improving the lives of the families we support.
We are specifically looking for Trustees with expertise in charity governance and strategic development.
All Trustees are required to fulfil governance responsibilities as a member of our board, which consists of 7 trustees. This includes:
- Determining strategic direction and inputting into the running of the charity.
- Reviewing management accounts, forecasts and project reports
- Contributing to policy review and development
- Contributing towards securing a sustainable funding base for the organisation.
- Attending quarterly meetings and meeting a time commitment of 10 hours a month
- Sub-committees are formed to support each function and there would be opportunities for new board members to join these, especially in relation to governance.
We expect the post-holder to take the time to ensure that they understand the context in which the charity is working, for example by reading about Moldova, visiting the charity's website and reading key documents that will be sent upon recruitment.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking applications from individuals who have the skills and experience to add value to a growing international development organisation. In particular we are looking for the following experience to complete our board:
- Finance and accountancy – possibly with a view to stepping into the role of Treasurer
- Charity governance
- Strategic development
Although these are our current priority recruitment areas, we welcome applications from people whose experience and knowledge fall outside these areas.
If you would like to hear more and for a detailed view of the person specification, please contact us: email@example.com
47 views0 comments